O GOD, Thou Art My GOD; Early Will I seek Thee:

October 28, 2017-Saturday-#520 Daily Morning Bible Reading and Meditation- Psalm 63 KJV


***O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;***


[1] O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 

[2] To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 

[3] Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. 

[4] Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. 

[5] My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: 

[6] When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. 

[7] Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

Thoughts to ponder for today: 

O GOD, Thou art my GOD; Early Will I Seek Thee:

Noticeable in this chapter is the Psalmist's sublime, transcendent excellent faith in GOD; his hungering and thirsting comes not from the worldly pleasures, but his soul was longing to see GOD's power and glory; and as early as he wakes up, his thoughts was directed in communing with his Creator. 
This is the utmost soul's desire every converted believers of CHRIST should have; a thirst and longings from the presence of his Creator. 
However, obvious is the circumstantial situation of the Psalmist here. Seemingly. he was in exile and deserted.  And in lowliness and deprived derangement, he had experienced this thirsting and longings from the power and glory of GOD, he had once before. He had come to realized that GOD's lovingkindness is far, far better than life itself. 

This also is true to some believers who have been used to be feed and nourished by GOD's words, experienced the power of GOD working in them, and suddenly, divers oddities and struggles comes along. Some then became lax and willingly meddling with the cares and concerns of this world. Them who have been unawarely gone through life tests and hardship which is to tempered one's faith, fails to acknowledge GOD's providential strength. Some ended up in derailments, while some faithfully stay true to their hope and trusting GOD; early seeking His favor in continuance meditating and pondering GOD's words from where they draw their strength; enjoying the victory that GOD miraculously bestowed upon them. 
Some walk in faith following the example of this Psalmist in calling upon GOD; seeking GOD early and longing for His glory, wanting for that day where GOD's people assembles together to feast with spiritual food; The preaching of the inspired words of GOD. 

If our desires is to seek GOD's words early , then GOD will reveal Himself in His power and glory through our lives. We will be able to experience great victory over divers temptations as it was written in the book of James: 
James 1:2-8 KJV
[2] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; [3] Knowing this , that the trying of your faith worketh patience. [4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. [5] If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. [6] But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. [7] For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. [8] A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

How are you today?
Is this also your prayer this morning?
[1] O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; 
[2] To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. 

May we all come to that spiritual level where this is also our prayer in the morning: O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee...

Be blessed today! 

Psalm 63:1-11 KJV

[1] O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; [2] To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. [3] Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. [4] Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. [5] My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: [6] When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. [7] Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. [8] My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me. [9] But those that seek my soul, to destroy it , shall go into the lower parts of the earth. [10] They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes. [11] But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.


0 comments:

Post a Comment