GOD Is A Refuge For Us


October 27, 2017-Friday-#519 Daily Morning Bible Reading and Meditation-Psalm 62 KJV


***Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.***


[5] My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 

[6] He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. 

[7] In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. 

[8] Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

[10] Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them . 

[11] God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God.

Words to ponder for today:

GOD Is A Refuge For Us

The Psalmist Affirmative declaration of faith and Trust in GOD implies certain action driven by his personal relationship with GOD. 

"[1] Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 
[2] He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved."

1. The Avowal of faith and trust in GOD- though there are   times he is moved by oppression and evil deeds of his enemies, his strong faith and trust and GOD assured him of GOD's salvation and deliverance. 

"[3] How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. 
[4] They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah."

2. The  Amplifying of the thoughts and action of men towards JESUS CHRIST, The Holy One of Israel who is about to come.- This is how the rulers and mighty men of Israel treated The Savior Whom GOD had already sent. They receive Him not with honor, refusing to believe Him as He had plainly spoken of about Him.

 "[5] My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. 
[6] He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. 
[7] In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God."

3. The Affirmation of his personal acceptance and the profession of  his faith and trust in his Only Rock of salvation, defense, strength and refuge. - None is there to trust as greater and powerful as GOD. None is there to wait but GOD as He Only is The All powerful GOD who is able to perform the things that was done by The LORD JESUS CHRIST during His earthly living, His crucifixion, His Death, His burial and His resurrection. 

"[8] Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. 
[9] Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. 
[10] Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them . 
[11] God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God."

4. The Adequateness of faith and trust in GOD saves him. If it works in him, it shall also works among other people, even all believers, enabling us to scape from troubles, pain, anxieties and fears. Hence, it produces contentment and total reliance upon the power of GOD; deliverance from all vanities, much more insecurities.

 "[12] Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work. …"

  5. The Acceptance of The True Nature of GOD comes from his dedication and diligence in knowing who his GOD is. Believers should diligently seek and know GOD;  His bountiful mercies, even His fair judgement according to the works of every person. Not as a group, nor as a family, neither as a congregational, but a personal decision of an individual. To believe or not to believe, to obey or disobey, to have faith and trust or to be unfaithful and distrusting GOD.  

Trust in GOD all you people, pour out your heart before Him; GOD is a refuge for us.. 

An encouraging Assurance  of the Psalmist for us all. 

Good morning! 

Psalm 62:1-12 KJV

[1] Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. [2] He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved. [3] How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence. [4] They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah. [5] My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. [6] He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. [7] In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. [8] Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. [9] Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: to be laid in the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity. [10] Trust not in oppression, and become not vain in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them . [11] God hath spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongeth unto God. [12] Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work. …


0 comments:

Post a Comment